VEFlowers is about....

Wedding flowers, floral designs and home decorations inspired by nature, the North Norfolk coast and the country cottage garden

Monday 14 February 2011

Jade rose bouquet

When looking at flower options for Laura & Jon's wedding I ordered 'Jade' roses which I have not used before. They were quite unusual. In the bud form they were very much a green colour but with brown sepals that I decided to cut off as they detracted from the flower. I brought some stems inside to open out more but they changed in appearance from a green rose to more of a yellow-green rose. I didn't use them for Laura's bouquet but inside used the leftover flowers to create the bouquet below. You can see the contrast between the bud form and open form on the right hand side of the photo.
 
In addition to the Jade roses, I used a few Avalanche & Akito roses, Molucella and 'kermit' green  crysanthemums.

The bouquet was photographed by Brian Egan Photography www.brianegan.co.uk.




No comments:

Post a Comment