VEFlowers is about....

Wedding flowers, floral designs and home decorations inspired by nature, the North Norfolk coast and the country cottage garden

Monday 14 February 2011

Valentines day decorations

Feeling inspired by Valentines day, here are a few homemade decorations I made for our home.

Making a pussy willow heart was surprisingly tricky. I had to make a heart-shaped frame and tie the willow to it to retain the shape. I have also included a photo of a short stem of pussy willow that I took using a small Panasonic Lumix in my sitting room - much easier than a really big, heavy SLR and lens set-up.






I found these great heart-shaped stones on the beach at Cley over the winter. I painted them using white acrylic paint.




These hearts are made from dried rose buds and are lightly perfumed. I have placed one of them by the stairs and you can smell it every time you pass by it.




No comments:

Post a Comment